FREE Basic !!!
Full Version 99¢ !!!
See why MTV Hive
calls Pixound Trippy...
And why Gizmodo says
Pixound Is Better than
The Home Screen allows you to experience Pixound in it's simplest form where primary color gradients let you play individual voices and then mix them in various ways.
Play Classical music on Mona Lisa, Blues on Mud Morganfield, Samba on a Carnival singer, Progressive rock on a fractal or mix and match any music with any picture, including your own. There are NO limits!
Ten Stock Presets give you a great start for crafting your own saved settings and sometimes offer features only found in Presets.
Choose from over 127 instruments and sounds
Select chord progressions, key and musical scales
Control tempo, and add bass and drums
Control Autoplay and add effects
Use Any Picture to Make Music on Your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
Pixound App, the latest addition to the Pixound product suite turns your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad into an amazing musical diversion. Imagine creating music in real-time, using any picture you choose as a unique controlling interface for a vast range of sounds and musical parameters. Pixound makes that a reality.
Pixound qualifies as both fun and useful. If endless hours of play are't use enough, iPixound provides a very friendly, logically structured means for the exploration and understanding of fundamental musical components such as scale / modality, chord progression / transposition, rhythm / beat, tempo and note value.
One does not have to be a musician to achieve a great performance with Pixound. If, however, you do happen to be a musician you will delight in the fabulous visual / musical playground Pixound opens up for you.
At the heart of this one-of-a-kind software is a patented technology that translates RGB color information into musical information, thus enabeling you to make music using pictures and videos as the control interface, simply by moving your finger over the image. The music produced is fully structured by you in the music settings you select, in any key, any scale (over 60 to choose from), at any tempo and using any instruments. You may also load presets that you have saved from past settings that you like or use presets that we provide with the software. In the future, preset packages will be available from Technemedia and other Pixound enthusiasts.
Discover Some of the Less
Obvious Features of Pixound!
Pixound is a technology that can be utilized by all. Graphic designers, dancers, music therapists, educators, audio, video and game producers as well as music enthusiasts and children will all find uses (and enjoyment) in Pixound. Unlocking the musical power of color information, Pixound is unique in the world of music/graphics software. Every image becomes a new musical experience to explore. Many software packages have gone from music to color, but only Pixound can go from color to music.
What's New in Pixound 2.0?
We've added some incredible new features in version 2 including:
- Basic pixound play is now free!
- Ability to record your movements and notes and play them back later
- Ability to save your pictures with your presets
- Ability to share presets and recordings with your friends via email
- Improved preset management
- Ability to unlock new presets, songs, over 60 new graphics and MIDI file save for music pros
- Ability to control 6 separate voices so you can play along with autoplay using different voices
- New Groove control for rhythms gives tons of variability
- Ability to turn on magnifier so you can see details hidden under your finger
- Better timing and stability and various bug fixes
What Can Pixound Be Used For?
In general, Pixound is not a means to an end, any more than a game or a toy. It's for pure in-the-moment pleasure by the user—which is quite enough! However, this is just the beginning of its usefulness and we're sure you'll come up with your own uses too. Here's a small list:
Instrument in live performance
Music and art therapy
Memorization of art and photos
Guitar or other instrument trainer
Audio surface level
Soothing a baby or toddler
Assistive device for visually impaired
Where We Plan to Take Pixound in the Future
Future products will more fully take advantage of Cyclophone (another Techné software), multi-touch, video, MIDI, Bluetooth, OSC, Recording, Social Networks such as Soundcloud and more. The future of Pixound is bright!
- Pixound Color-Music Interpreter with manual and autoplay modes
- 10 Advanced Stock Presets
- Over 127 instruments and sounds to choose from
- Over 25 Stock Drum Patterns
- Over 25 Stock Bass Styles
- Over 35 Built-in progressions and progression styles
- Over 75 Musical Scales
- Up to 11 tracks of sonic output
- 9 Autoplay styles
- Mixer and Keyboard
- Record and play back movements and notes
- Share presets and recordings with others
- Load pictures to play with pixound or snap a photo from Pixound
- Gallery with masterpieces and alternative play screens
iOS 4.3 or higher.